Here is our mini campfire tent, or the one man Baker Tent….but enlarged!
It now allows the bush-crafting family to create a day camp in the forest or to simply go out into the wilds together all snug and warm by the fire side: essentially all that the smaller size Baker tent had, but with a larger bedroom compartment.
Of course, like with our other two sizes, we took it out to the wilds to test it out. This is because we can’t have you camp in something we did not try, and because we can’t seem to be sending any new tent our the door without the chance to go to the forest in it, to feel the fire and the rain, to hear the birds singing undisturbed in the morning and all that.
As you can see, the elongated sleeping compartment allows you to sleep both lengthways and sideways. Unlike the mini campfire tent, you can have your heads to the fire enjoying last flickers at night, but the best feature you get to take your family, or your loved ones with you.
It allows to sleep both ways – from side to side or with the head towards the fire, as the sleeping compartment is 6.5′ / 2m deep.
When we tried it out it proved to be the favorite size. The Land Rover Campfire Tent without a Land Rover is quite large, and although it is the best mate for an overland vehicle, where you want to be sleeping outside on the ground, but have immediate access to your truck, we do not think one need to be able to stand in a Bushcraft tent. Thus the added height is not really needed if you do not have a Defender.
The tent looks natural in all settings, because it is slightly lower at 5ft 6 inches, yet still high enough not to be a cubby hole. It is very easy to put up and down: we perfected it to 5 minutes. You put some pegs in the ground, raise the ridge poles and knock the front guy lines in and there you go, and when we said 5 minutes that included making the fire!!
We don’t include midge netting as an integral part of the tent, also because we find its not necessary, once the fire is on the beasts stay away, but also the netting lowers the lifetime of the tent, sparks could burn holes into it… There are some attachment points in the inside of the sleeping compartment though, which allow you to hang a separate netting, if you wish to use one.
Wild Canvas Family Baker Tent Elements
- 12oz poly/cotton heavy-duty canvas, water, rot and flame proofed.
- Colours: khaki green or matt sand
- green PVC for the base of the inner section, flame proofed
- wooden toggles for closing the wings/doors
- hand-made ash poles: the ridge pole in 2 connected sections for ease of packing, front poles adjustable in height to be able to lower one edge of the tarp in rainy weather.
- hand-made ash pegs for guy ropes, light-weight aluminium pegs for pegging back section out
- room to sleep 2 – 3 people inside and, when sitting around the fire, space to invite a few guests. If not too gusty and wet, people can sleep by the fireplace.
- easy and quick to pitch on all sorts of ground
5′ height x 7′ width x 6.5′ depth, plus another 5′ for the porch.
(1.50m height x 2.15m width x 2.00m depth, plus another 1.50m depth for the porch)
14 kg for the canvas part
9kg for the poles
Complete Set of Canvas and Poles:
£ 590.00 plus postage. No VAT.
Canvas part only (we will provide instruction of how to make the poles):
£ 460.00 plus postage. No VAT.
Call us to order today or use the button below.